Job Title: Remote Documentation Encounter Analyst
The Position Will Be Responsible For:
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined charges • Receives proper progress notes to properly bill provider services for services provided to patients • Supplies correct ICD-10 CM diagnosis codes on all diagnosis provided
- Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed
- Supplies correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed
- Coding claims 50-100 a day
- Determines the final diagnosis and procedures stated by the physician are valid and complete
- Qualitative analysis- evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the diagnosis reported accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation and Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
- Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description
- Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the AMA and the center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnosis and procedural codes.
- Perform coding work requiring independent judgement with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned work in a timely manner
- Must posses at least three years of a combination of coding, clinical office, and/or billing experience.
- Must be a Certified Coder
- Proficiency of Medicare 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines
- Evaluation and Management coding experience and/or certification
- Proficiency of ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Coding
- Rural Health Billing and Coding experience
- EMR experience a plus
- CEMA Certification a plus
Job Type: Full-time, 10-99 Contractor
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
Any interested parties should submit their resume via email to email@example.com