Coding Auditor – remote in the Greater Atlanta area
Performs audits to promote organizational integrity of billing and coding for professional services. Evaluates the accuracy of ICD/CPT/HCPCS and other third-party payor codes. Verifies adequacy of documentation in support of services billed, including teaching physician guidelines, medical necessity, and compliance with other documentation, coding, and billing standards.
- Conducts coding, billing, and documentation compliance audits within established timeframe and in accordance with the standards defined by Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Prepares a report of findings and recommendations for improvement for each audit.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on coding/billing topics.
- Researches issues/questions and responds to internal inquiries.
- Assists the Physician Auditor Coordinator with developing a detailed audit plan for area being reviewed.
- Meets audit productivity standard.
- Meets annual requirements to maintain coding certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Experienced problem-solver
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines, CMS and other third-party payor billing rules, and OIG compliance standards
One of the following certifications is required for the role: CPC, CCS-P, CCA, CCS, or CPC-H
5 years of experience in healthcare, including 3 years of experience in physician practice coding, documentation, billing, and/or reimbursement.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 28 neighborhood locations and a total of 638 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 70 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for thirteen consecutive years and named one of the “100 Best Companies” by Working Mother magazine. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.